Priming Grant - For Businesses Trading less than 18 months
A Priming Grant is a business start-up grant, available to micro enterprises within the first 18 months of start-up. Priming grants may be available for sole traders, partnerships, community groups or limited companies that fulfil all of the following criteria
• Located within County Limerick.
• A business which on growth may or may not fit the Enterprise Ireland portfolio;
• A business employing up to 10 employees
• A Manufacturing or Internationally traded services business
• A Domestically traded services business with the potential to trade internationally.
• A domestically traded services business being established by a female returning to the workforce or unemployed persons where the potential for deadweight and displacement does not exist”.
The maximum Priming Grant payable must not exceed 50% of the investment of €150,00 whichever is the lesser.
Grants over €80,000 and up to €150,000 shall be the exception and shall only apply in the case of projects that clearly demonstrate a potential to graduate to Enterprise Ireland and/or to export internationally.
In all other cases, the maximum grant shall be 50% of the investemnt of €80,000 whichever is the lesser.
Subject to the 50% limit, a maximum grant of up to €15,000 per full time job created shall apply in respect of any employment support grant aided.
Expenditure may be considered under the following headings:
• Capital Items. These include fit out of workspace, office equipment, machinery, computer costs hardware & software etc (Note acquisition of building and purchase of mobile assets are excluded from grant aid).
• Salary Costs. For 1st year of employment. This to be paid out in two instalments. The first instalment at the commencement of employment and the second instalment once the employment has continued in existence for a period of six months. The level of grant support should reflect the salary scale proposed for the employment being generated. It is anticipated that only quality jobs attracting salaries in excess of €40,000 will be eligible for the maximum €15,000 grant support with appropriately scaled back grants offered in accordance with proposed salary for lower paid positions. Staff recruitment costs may also be considered eligible for grant aid.
• Rental/Accommodation Costs . For 1st year of project. (Note where rental space is already subsidized by an investment of public funds then grant support should reflect the differential between the market rate and subsidised rate). Rental costs may be paid up front subject to receipt by the Board of signed lease/rental agreements.
• Utility Costs. These include installation costs for telephone & broadband. (Note mobile phone costs are excluded)
• Marketing Costs. These include packaging, brochures, business cards, trade fairs, website design and development, and other marketing initiatives.
• Consultancy Costs. These include design fees, patent costs, architect, accountant and legal fees.
• Business Specific Training. Costs here refer to specialized management or key personnel training programmes that are required to ensure the growth of the business. Such courses should not be generally available under the Boards general training programmes.
Who is it available to?
To apply contact Limerick County Enterprise Board 061-496520
To download the Priming Grant application form, please click here
To apply click here